pic

ED is More Common Than You Think. Learn About Our Treatments

Nov 09, 2022
ED is More Common Than You Think. Learn About Our Treatments
Living with ED can feel frustrating – maybe even isolating. However, this doesn’t have to be the case. Not only are there treatments available, but you can take heart knowing that ED is common and that you’re not alone.

Erectile dysfunction (ED) occurs when you’re unable to have or keep an erection for optimal sexual performance. Though having troubles with an erection on occasion isn’t uncommon, our team diagnoses ED when you have continual and progressive issues during sex.

ED is the most prevalent male sex problem and affects about 30 million men, so if you find yourself struggling with ED, know you’re not alone. Our team at Atlas Health Institute wants to offer compassionate care for you in order to help raise your self-esteem and overcome any frustrations. We want you to know that ED is common and that we have treatment options for you.

Understanding ED

ED is still being researched and understood. While previously thought to mainly be caused by psychological issues, recent research suggests that there’s more to it than that, including physical health factors.

When you have an erection, your nerves release chemicals to increase blood flow to the two chambers in your penis. The veins in your penis then constrict the blood flow in order to keep it rigid. Your brain, hormones, emotions, nerves, muscles, and blood vessels all work together to make that happen. If any of those things aren’t functioning properly, your risk for ED goes up. 

Psychological health problems that can increase risk for ED include:

  • Depression
  • Anxiety
  • Stress
  • Fear of intimacy 
  • Performance anxiety

There are many physical health issues that can cause you to have ED, including the following:

  • Cardiovascular disease
  • Diabetes
  • Obesity
  • Hypertension
  • High cholesterol
  • Substance abuse

In addition, the older you are the more at risk you are for developing ED. For every ten years you age, your chances go up by 10%. For example, if you’re 40 years old, your chances of getting ED are 40%. If you’re 50, it’s 50%, and so on. 

Treatment options for ED

Fortunately, there are plenty of tried-and-true treatment methods for ED on the market. Our compassionate team at Atlas Health Institute works with you to come up with a treatment plan that’s catered to you and your health needs. Here’s what we offer at our practice.

Hormone replacement therapy

Hormone replacement, or testosterone replacement, is the most common option for treating ED. Implantable pellets or injections are used in order to restore your testosterone to a normal range.

Oral medications

Prescription medications like Viagra® are reliable ways to achieve an erection. It’s recommended to take any oral medications about two hours before having sex.

Compounded medications

We offer a compounded medication called TriMix – it’s an injection that includes three different drugs in order to improve blood circulation in the penis. This, in turn, should be able to give you stronger erections. You can inject this medication right before having sex for optimal results.

Living with ED can be frustrating, but our team at Atlas Health Institute is here to help.

To learn more about the treatment options that are available to you for ED, or to schedule a consultation with us, call our office located in Las Vegas, Nevada at 702-778-5900 or use our online booking tool today.

5